Thursday, February 7, 2013

What You Know You've All Been Waiting For

The Pizza Soup Recipe!

It's super yummy and delicious.

So, my beautiful and lovely former roommate, +Chelsea Hurst, gave me this recipe. Which she got from a family she met in Belgium! (So basically, this is as legit as it gets, folks.)

So if you like it, she did it. If you don't like it, I must have typed the recipe wrong.

(Chelsea made this soup and took this picture. I always eat my food before I think to take a picture of it.)


Pizza Soup

For 4-6 people

1 lb. hamburger
2 onions
1-2 jars of mushrooms (Kam and I skip these because he doesn't like them, but I secretly think it makes the soup)
2 cans of diced tomatoes
3/4 lb. of a spreadable cheese (We use the reduced fat laughing cow triangles and have a lot of fun opening each and every one. But I've heard it also works fine with velveeta if you like that sort of thing.)
generous 1 1/2 cups cream (When Kam asked me how much of this to put in the soup, I just said, "I dunno. There's a pint in there, and we're never going to use the rest of it. Just put the whole thing in.")
pepper, salt, paprika seasoning (We don't usually have paprika, so if you don't have it either, don't worry. :) )
pizza seasoning

Sautee the hamburger. (I always insist that Kam drain the grease.) Add chopped onions until they look glassy. Season with salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Season to taste. Serve with a baguette bread (or regular nonfancy bread. Or just eat it).

So there is your legit Belgium pizza soup recipe (and my commentary which probably ruins the authenticity, but it still tastes good!). Let me know what you think!

1 comment: