Thursday, April 4, 2013

Nom Nom Nom

I'm pretty proud of myself today. Tonight's dinner turned out too pretty for me not to show off a little.


Nummy Enchiladas
These are a popular dish for Kam and I, although we usually use green sauce. We've been making these since last summer, though, so we thought we'd try something a little different this time. The red sauce was a nice change, but I think if we do it again, we'll have to get something a little spicier. It's a great meal to save. We always make extra and keep a few for lunches. Kam usually eats the leftovers before I get a chance, though.

And I got most of the dishes I cooked with cleaned while the enchiladas were in the oven, and then Kam washed the rest of the dishes after we ate, and it took hardly any time at all!

Also, here's a little secret to anyone who hasn't been seeing me on a regular basis recently. My back's been trying to kill me for the past couple weeks, so to get that much done today made me feel like Rosie the Riveter (aka Betty the Beefer. At least, that's what I thought she was called until I tried to google her picture).  Still not sure what the deal is with my back. I like to think it's just that I've been getting such buff abs in my dance class that my back can't keep up, and that's straining it, and I really just need to work out my back more so it can keep up with my 6 pack (lies). Anyone that's got any suggestions for some really good back stretches or , let me know. I've done most of the typical running ones already, and they're just not cutting it.


But really, I've just been rollin' this week. On Tuesday I ran to the store and grabbed some things to make chicken roll ups for dinner, and after I picked Kam up from work I told him, and he said, "Ooh! I forgot about those! Those were so good last time!" That's what makes cooking worth it. (Making tasty food just doesn't cut it if you don't have someone to share it with. I mean, I've got a store-bought chicken pot pie in the freezer that's just begging for Kam to leave so I won't have the desire to cook anything from scratch. Then I will be happy to give that pie a little extra attention.) Then I cut up some oranges and put them out on a plate with some strawberries, and it looked like such a summery dinner! I swear, the oranges and strawberries were more for decoration than anything else. They just made the rest of the dinner look so cheerful. (But they didn't actually taste that good. The oranges were pretty good. The strawberries were a little under ripe. Or maybe Zupas has just given me unrealistic expectations for strawberries.)

So, that's it for today's update in the life of the Jensen family. If you're interested in any recipes, let me know and I'll make a recipe post for you all.

Here. I'll leave you with one right now.

Summery Fruit Plate:

You'll need:

Oranges
Strawberries

Cut them up. Put them on a plate. Look at them. Be happy.

Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment