Sunday, January 13, 2013

P.S.!!!

Kam and I got a calling in our new ward! We were called as...

Nursery leaders!

(For those of you who aren't in on the Mormon lingo, that means we take care of (and teach to whatever degree that's possible) the 18 month - 3 year olds during Sunday School so their parents can listen to lessons/perform other church duties.)

Those of you that know us well probably know how we feel about that.

We have three really cute kids. They're all pretty young (barely talking), so it's hard to have much of a formal lesson, but they sure are fun to play with! We teach with another couple, so that we can trade off each week, but today we just all worked together, and we're thinking we might keep doing that. It's nice to be able to out number the kids.

My favorite part was holding one of the boys until he stopped crying. After a while of that, he cheered up and started playing, but he wanted me to go with him everywhere.

A close second was seeing another little boy contently play with toys by himself and hearing Kam call him over from across the room because Kam was getting bored and wanted to play!

I have a feeling we're going to get some good stories out of this calling.

To top it off, this was in the scriptures Kam and I read last night: The Lord commands us to become "... as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." (Mosiah 3:19) I'll admit many of the traits that first come to mind when describing small children are not exactly those I would like to emulate. But thinking back on those kids, I'm a little surprised at how applicable that scripture is. I'm sure I have a lot to learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment